Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Telling by Beverly Lewis


I received this as an MP3 download from Christianaudio.com for my honest review.  I received no payment for this review. 

From GoodReads.com:   Grace Byler leaves Bird-in Hand in a fancy car to search for her mother in Ohio. But what if Lettie Byler doesn't wish to be found? Meanwhile, Lettie continues her private quest to find the missing piece of her life. As clues take her from state to state, she is increasingly torn between the family she has left behind and the yearning for her long-lost child. Struggling to come to terms with a grave medical diagnosis, Heather Nelson is determined to forgo traditional medicine-to her father's chagrin-in hopes of finding answers and healing in Amish country. But first, she offers to drive her Amish friend, Grace Byler, to Ohio. Will mother and daughter, and one seriously ill graduate student, find the answers they long for? Or will "the telling" cause them all further pain? 

My Take:
This was a nice conclusion to the series Seasons of Grace.  Although this was an abridged version(I try to only listen to unabridged versions)  I don't think I missed out on anything as it tied up all the strings of the story nicely and didn't leave you wondering about anything. 

This is definitely not a stand alone title so I would highly recommend that you read or listen to the first two books. 

Everything that has building since the first book is brought to a head in this book,  I had Heather's biological mother figured out in the first book.  It did explain a bit more about the Amish shunning and whole foods. 

If you like Amish stories I would definately recommend this whole series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.