Thursday, May 6, 2010

Books Make a Difference

BlogHer and BookRenter, a company that rents textbooks to college students, have joined forces because we know that books makes a difference.


From May 3-28, together we are working to make a difference in children's lives by generating new books for children who need them most -- via the nonprofit organization First Book.

Want to help? For every answer we receive in the comments to the following question, one book will be donated: Post Comments here

What book has had the greatest impact on your life?
That's right: All you need to do is leave a comment, and BookRenter will donate a book to a child in need -- up to 1,000 books.

Want to help even more? You can blog about our campaign, then add the specific URL of your post to Mr. Linky and we'll add another book to the tally.

Because books really do a make a difference.

For me when I was little I read Dr. Seuss books like they were going out of style, I remeber my third grade teacher reading Little House in the Big Woods and bringing in Maple Sugar candy for us to eat, Whn I was about 13 I discovered the Trixie Belden Series and had to read everyone that I could, later in my teen years, Iwent through a stage when I read everything that Stephen King wrote. As an Adult I have come to love the Bible for not only my religious beliefs but for the literary aspects as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.