Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rick and Bubba's Big Honkin' Book of Grub



When I first ordered this book for my selection from BookSneeze for my review copy I kinda figured that it was a book with some commentary but a book with recipes.  Not so much.  Althoughtthis book has some recipes (in a section called Rick and Bubba's Secret Recipe File and sprinkled through out the book) it is more a book of the author's relationship with food and all things related.

They talk about diets and give their tips for dieting (when you weigh yourself put the turkey leg down first).
They have a chapter dedicated to meat.  All types of meat, even spam and they even have a recipe for spam and taters .
They list what they consider as underrated food like peanut butter. 

They have rules for eating (don't use a fork when you should be using your hands).   Rules for church potlucks (a sampling of each dish should be put aside for food poision testing later).  Rating system for restraunts (space between tables!!)

They even have a list of various food festivals like the World Grits Festival in St. George, South Carolina.

This was an enjoyable book that had both information and  humor. 

I got this book form Thomas Nelson as part of their blogger review program.  I was not required to write a favorable review.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.