Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Audio Book Review of Antony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare Read by Full cast of BBC Radio Collection

Image coming soon
Antony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare
Read by full cast of BBC Radio

From Audible.com
 BBC Radio has a unique heritage when it comes to Shakespeare. Since 1923, when the newly formed company broadcast its first full-length play, generations of actors and producers have honed and perfected the craft of making Shakespeare to be heard.
Antony & Cleopatra is an intense love story, exploring the constant conflict between duty and emotion with characters so charismatic they continue to fascinate after 2,000 years. Shakespeare achieved some of his most beautiful poetry in this play, and the richness of the language makes it perfect for audio.
Revitalised, original, and comprehensive, this is Shakespeare for the new millennium.

My Take:  I have never be one for Shakespeare.  I did enjoy a production of a Midsummer's Night dream a few summers ago during our local parks summer arts program.   This production was okay but I did find myself having to give more attention to it than I normally do while I am listening.  This was definitely not an audio that I could multitask. 

Audio:  I always enjoy listening to full cast productions and this was no exception.  You need a full cast to bring the play to life and this cast did an excellent job.

I received this audio through the summer program last year of Sync.  If you like audio books I would highly recommend getting involved with this program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.