Monday, June 17, 2013

Audio Book Review of 12th of Never by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro read by January LaVoy

12th of Never (Women's Murder Club, #12)
12th of Never by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
Read by January La Voy

from Audible.com


It's the 12th book of the Women's Murder Club series, and it's finally time! Detective Lindsay Boxer is in labor - while two killers are on the loose.
Lindsay Boxer's beautiful baby is born! But after only a week at home with her new daughter, Lindsay is forced to return to work to face two of the biggest cases of her career.
A rising star football player for the San Francisco 49ers is the prime suspect in a grisly murder. At the same time, Lindsay is confronted with the strangest story she's ever heard: An eccentric English professor has been having vivid nightmares about a violent murder and he's convinced is real. Lindsay doesn't believe him, but then a shooting is called in - and it fits the professor's description to the last detail.
Lindsay doesn't have much time to stop a terrifying future from unfolding. But all the crimes in the world seem like nothing when Lindsay is suddenly faced with the possibility of the most devastating loss of her life.
 
My Take:  I really like the Women's Murder Club, I really do but to quite honest with you they are starting to blend into each other.  I liked the first books where there were one or two at the most cases that needed to be solved and all of the women would join together to solve the case.  This story has everyone running off in their own direction and there is hardly any interaction between the women or the cases.  The one highlight of this book was the birth of Julie, Lindsey and Joe's daughter and of course her arrival has to be dramatic, she is born during a power outage.  The rest of the book was just so so for me.  Will I be listening to the next book?  Probably.  I just keep coming back hoping that the books will get better.  
 
Audio:  I thought that January LaVoy did a good job with the material she was given.  She is not a narrator I will actively seek out but I won't not listen to a book read by her either.  
 
This book was taken from my personal audio library. 

1 comment:

  1. subsequently you have drilled both frames, you can insert the carbolts is spilled,
    a bibulous man will shortly visit. easycarrentaluk.co.uk/
    When I am not functional on Huff Post, I run a site slammed by the New York
    Times, some have noticed a few interesting portions in the book.



    Feel free to surf to my blog post ... http://www.easycarrentaluk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.