Friday, September 10, 2010

For Time and Eternity by Allison Pittman

For Time and Eternity (Sister Wife)

For Time and Eternity by Allison Pittman

From Publishers Website:
All Camilla Deardon knows of the Mormons camping nearby is the songs she hears floating on the breeze. Then she meets one of them—a young man named Nathan Fox. Never did she imagine he would be so handsome, so charming, especially after Mama and Papa’s warnings to stay away. Though she knows she should obey her parents, Camilla can’t refuse her heart. But even Nathan’s promises cannot prepare her for what she will face in Utah.


My Take:  This was a really good book that takes a subject that I haven't read much about (Mormon's) and brings it to life.  I must admit that I have always been curious about Mormon's ever since I was a young and had a crush on Donny Osmond.  I read the book the 19th Wife last year and really enjoyed it (I liked the historical parts better than the modern day parts). 

This book introduces us to Camilla and Nathan.  Both of them are young and susceptible to outside influences.  Nathan has been drawn into the Mormons because he was orphaned and they took in he and his sister.  Camilla falls head over heels in love with Nathan and decides to go with the group when they move on.  The rest of the story goes into Camilla finding out what the Mormons really believe and it goes into the developement of the whole mutiple wives philosphy.   



Allison Pittman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.