Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Under Cozy Covers Book Review of Buttercream Bump Off by Jenn McKinlay

Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #2)
Buttercream Bump Off by Jenn McKinlay

From Goodreads.com
Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura's Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery is gearing up for Valentine's Day. Unfortunately someone has iced Baxter Malloy on his first date with Mel's mother. Now Mom's a suspect, and Mel and Angie need to find time around frosting to dig into the man's shady past and discover who served him his just desserts.

My Take:  I read the first book in this series when it first came out then bought this book which is the second in the series and promptly forgot about it.  Now there ar four other books in this series and I have some serious catching up to do.  I immediately bought the second book in this series because I really liked the first book. Here is the link to my review for Sprinkled with Murder.

In this book Melanie's mother goes out on a date with a very successful business man.  While she is changing her clothes he is murdered.  Melanie's mother becomes the prime suspect of course but she quickly becomes second when the son of the man becomes the prime suspect because they have a bad relationship.  The son is a drummer of a huge rock band and starts to date Angie.  Tate and Melanie are concerned because Roach is the prime suspects.  There are also plenty of other suspects as the man made all his money off of other people and scammed them and alot of 
people lost alot of money.  This book had some funny parts which mostly involved their interaction with other bakeries.  I will be trying to catch up with the series.  














This Book Was taken from my personal Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.