Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay

Sprinkle with Murder (Cupcake Bakery Mystery) Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay

From Amazon.com:
Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura are finally living out their dream as the proud owners of the Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery. But their first big client is a nightmare. She's a bridezilla who wants 500 custom cupcakes for her wedding.

When Mel stumbles upon the bride-to-be dead-by-cupcake, she becomes the prime suspect. To save themselves and their business, the ladies need to find the real murderer, before the cupcake killer ices someone else.

My Take:
This is the first in a new series by Jenn Mckinlay.  I liked the show DC Cupcakes and thought that this sounded a bit like that so I thought I would give it a try.  Boy am I glad I did.  I have already bought the next book in the series   Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery Mystery).

Melanie and her friend Angie have opened a cupcake bakery with some financial help from their best friend Tate.  To help them get off to a big start Tate convinces his fiancee Christie Stevens , a  designer, to have Fairy Tale Bakery make the cupcakes for their wedding.  The only thing is that Christie puts other bridezillas to shame.  She insists that everything for the wedding be original and that she get the copyright. 

When Melanie goes to meet Christie to find out what she thinks of the cupcakes, Melanie finds Christie dead in her showroom with one of the cupcakes laying beside her.  Melanie becomes the prime suspect so she and her partner must find out who the real killer is.

I had an idea who the killer might have been fairly early on in the book but I didn't know for sure until it was revealed in the book.  New suspects kept being found and they each had good reasons to commit the crime. 

I like the characters in this book and hope the playfulness between them continues.  I would like to see if potential romances play out.  

I look forward to reading the next book in this series.

This book was from my personal library.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds cute! I'm going to have to give this series a try when I'm in the mood for a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my copy of Buttercream Bump Off this week in the mail. The first one was fun and I'm looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.