Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cross Fire by James Patterson Audiobook of the Week

Cross Fire
Cross Fire by James Patterson

From Audible.com
Detective Alex Cross and Bree's wedding plans are put on hold when Alex is called to the scene of the perfectly executed assassination of two of Washington D.C.'s most corrupt: a dirty congressmen and a scheming lobbyist. Next, the elusive marksman begins picking off other crooked politicians, sparking a blaze of theories - is the marksman a hero or a vigilante?

The case explodes and FBI agent Max Siegel battles Alex for jurisdiction. As Alex struggles with the sniper, Siegel, and the wedding, he receives a call from his deadliest adversary, Kyle Craig. The Mastermind is in D.C. and will not relent until he has eliminated Cross--and his family - for good. With a supercharged blend of suspense, action, and deception, Cross Fire is James Patterson's most exciting Alex Cross novel ever.

Solve another case with Alex Cross.

My Take:

After reading some of the reviews of this audiobook I was wondering if I listened to the same book. Most of the complaints were about the new narrator for Alex Cross, Andre Braugher (he is an actor, currently in the show Men of a Certain Age). The other narrator is Jay O. Sander. I personally didn't really notice any difference in the quality of the reading. I did notice the voice change but I soon got use to the "new" Alex Cross.

This book brings back a super villian in the form of Kyle Craig. He goes to extremes to make sure that he can get close to Alex and get revenge. There are also sniper shootings going on in Washington D.C.

Alex's Ex Christine shows up to stir up some trouble with Ali. Seems like there might be more coming in future books.

I thought that the sniper story line was a little anti climatic at the end but the story line concerning Kyle Craig had me listening longer just to hear what happened.

The end gave a teaser that may be joining up Alex with Lindsey Boxer (my favorite Patterson series is the Womens' Murder club)

Altogether I thought it was a solid entry in the series. Not my favorite but a good one.

Definitely if your a Patterson Fan you should pick this up.

This is from my personal library.

1 comment:

  1. I read the first book in this series. I need to keep reading the series!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.