Saturday, May 11, 2013

Audio book review of The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon narrated by Davina Porter

The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5)
The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
Narrated by Davina Porter

From Audible .com
The year is 1771. Claire Randall is still an outlander, out of place and out of time. But now she is linked by love to her only anchor: Jamie Fraser. They have crossed oceans and centuries to build a life together in North Carolina. But tensions, both ancient and recent, threaten members of their clan.
Knowing that his wife has the gift of prophecy, James must believe Claire, though he would prefer not to. Claire has shared a dreadful truth: there will, without a doubt, be a war. Her knowledge of the oncoming revolution is a flickering torch that may light his way through perilous years ahead - or ignite a conflagration that will leave their lives in ashes.
©2001 Diana Gabaldon (P)2002 Recorded Books, LLC

My Take:  I love the Outlander books but they are definitely a commitment.  This book was over 55 hours to listen to.  I listen to these books because I really don't have the patience to read them.  It is so much easier to listen to the endless descriptions than to read them for me.   Even though there was some action in this book there didn't seem to be as much action as the previous books.  This book seemed to be more about the everyday lives of the Frasier's in Early America.  Because of this I think that this was my least favorite in the series thus far.  Will I continue to listen to the rest of the Series?  you betcha!!  I just have to make a decision on when I want to commit to such a long  book.

I would suggest starting from the beginning of this series so you can properly fall in love with the characters.

This book was taken from my personal audio library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.