Friday, August 3, 2012

Redemption by Gary Smalley and Karen Kingsbury Audio book review.

soundbytes picture

Redemption | [Karen Kingsbury, Gary Smalley]

Redemption

  • ABRIDGED
  • by Karen Kingsbury , Gary Smalley
  • Narrated by Sandra Burr


  • From Audible.com:

    A Betrayal . . . Kari Baxter Jacobs is furious, hurt, and confused. Her husband, Tim, a respected professor of journalism, is having an affair with a student. Stunned, Kari returns home to the Baxter family to sort things out. But when an old flame shows up, she is more confused than ever.
    A Decision. . . How can Kari forgive her husband? And what about her own revived feelings for Ryan, a man she knows she should avoid? What remedy could possibly ease the pain?A Hope. . . The gifted writing team of Gary Smalley and Karen Kingsbury brings us a profound story of redemption. A betrayal. A broken marriage. Will Kari ever love again?


    My Take:  I have loved everybook that I have read by Karen Kingsbury but I have never read the series that started the saga of the Baxter Family , although I have read this book.  I decided that I wanted to listen to the series and maybe move onto the other series about this family.  This book is abridged which I really don't like to listen to abridged books but that is the only version that is on audible.com right now so....   Anyway this book was just as good as I remember it.  It had me listening to very end along with the twists and turns that are a part of every life.  That is what I like about thissereis it shows a Christian family warts and all. 

    I thought that the narrator Sandra Burr did an excellent job.  She didn't do voices but just read the book but she used alot of emotion at just the right points of the story.  It made the story on that made you want to keep listening. 


    check out Devourer of Books every Friday for other audio book reviews. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.