Friday, August 10, 2012

Double Minds by Terri Blackstock Audio Book Review

Double Minds | [Terri Blackstock]

Double Minds

From the publisher:
Struggling to succeed in the Nashville music scene, talented singer/songwriter Parker James finds the competition fierce...even deadly. A young womans murder, industry corruption, and a menacing stalker draw Parker into danger and intrigue. Nothing is as it appears, and unraveling the truth challenges everything Parker believes about her talent, her future, and her faith.

My Take:  I thought that this was a pretty good book.  It didn't waste any time getting into the mystery and kept you guessing till the end. I was interested in the main back drop to the book , that c
Christian music business is pretty much like the secular music business , the pressure on the artists to look a certain way, sound a certain way,  Do you sanitize the music so it will reach a wider audience? Or do you stand up for your belief and principles and run the chance that your music won't get heard at all. 
I didn't like the way that Parker was second quessing her brother the police detective but I guess if she didn't there wouldn't have been much of a story.

I thought that the narrator did an ok job although I was a bit annoyed that she wasn't consistent with her southern accent.  She would be back and forth and sometimes the characters would have a fairly heavy accent and the next time they talked it was hardly noticable at all. 

I got this audiobook from my library.  I am not so sure if I like having a time constraint on my listening as I felt I was rushed to get the book done before it was due back.  I like being able to take my time with a book.  I am going to try a few more books from the library that I want to listen to but I am not sure I want to use my audible credit on.

soundbytes picture
Looking for your next great listen?  Head over to Devourer of Books and check out other audio book reviews every Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would also have a hard time with the narrator not getting the accents right. Even subtle voice changes make a difference in narration.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.