Thursday, July 26, 2018

The Lost Mata Hari Ring by Elyse Douglas

Lost Mata Hari Ring: Time Travel Novel by Elyse Douglas

Up-and-coming actress, Trace Rutland, has had nightmares about a tragic past ever since she was a little girl. She struggles with her everyday life, finally seeking help from a hypnotherapist. 

While under hypnosis, she inadvertently experiences a past life in Paris, in 1916, during the First World War. ​ 

Later, while visiting a wealthy man's private Mata Hari collection, Trace is drawn to a glittering ring, once worn by the convicted spy. Trace is enthralled. When she's alone, she slips the ring on and is swiftly hurled into the past. There, she must face herself as she was in the past, while struggling to change the course of her destiny. 

When she meets the handsome Edward Kenyon Bishop, a World War I British flying ace, she falls in love. She is soon swept away into a journey of suspicion and treachery, and must fight for her life. 

Can she survive the past? Can she return to the present? Can true love endure for all time?

My take: This is a time travel story where Trace travels back in time and discovers more about her past life.  This book has it all mystery, romance , history.  I really enjoyed it as I didn't really know that much about Mata Hari.  I like historical fiction and this book was filled with history.  I am not a believer in past lives but I found myself being drawn into the story and holding my breath to see what would happen next.  A very well done story.  I would recommend it if you like historical fiction.  

I received a review copy of this book from Virtual Author Book Tours and the opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.