Saturday, April 20, 2013

Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun by Lois Winston

Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun (Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery #1)
Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun by Lois Winston

From Goodreads.com
 When Anastasia Pollack's gambling-addicted husband permanently cashes in his chips in Vegas, her life craps out. She's left with two teenage sons, a mountain of debt, and her nasty, cane-wielding Communist mother-in-law. Not to mention a loan shark demanding fifty thousand dollars.

Anastasia's job as crafts editor at American Woman magazine makes life even stickier when she discovers the dead body of uber-ambitious fashion editor Marlys Vandenburg hot-glued to Anastasia's office chair. Marlys collected enemies and ex-lovers like Jimmy Choos. When evidence surfaces of an illicit affair between Marlys and Anastasia's husband, Anastasia becomes the prime suspect. Can she sew up the case and keep herself out of jail before the real killer puts a permanent end to her investigation?


My Take:  This book was just ok as far as I was concerned.  When I read cozy mysteries I read them because they are suppose to have less language and sex but still have the mystery part.  Not so with this book.  There was quite a bit of language and speculation about sex.  For me that was distracting from the story.  There are some interesting characters in this book.  The communist Mother - in Law and the often married mother.  I think that the author dwelt to much on the fact that the deceased husband left them without any money.  Okay already do you really think we have forgot in the span of a page or a page and half what a rotten scumbag he turned out to be.  Anastasia is a suspect in the murder of a coworker because that co worker was found in her cubicle.  She has to try to find out who the real killer was because the police seem to be going nowhere.  She also has to deal with the loan shark that claims he loaned her husband money.  She has alot going on.  I figured out the killer before they were revealed in the book.  I have read other books that do this genre so much better.  Not sure I will pick up another book by this author.  I picked this book up as a free book for Kindle from Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.