Tuesday, September 4, 2012


 AYear with Jesus by R. P. Nettlehorst

from the Publisher

Too many times the impact and grandness of the actual words Jesus spoke, as recorded in the Bible, are lost in the telling of the story. In A Year with Jesus, the primary focus is to allow the scriptures that contain Jesus' dialogue to uniquely speak to the reader. The author follows each reading with insights and applications to help explain the context and nuances of the text. The unique titling of each meditation and the nontraditional themes and organization help bring Jesus to our daily lives. Topics include:
Love and Hate
Truths and Lies
Arrogance and Humility
Friends and Enemies
Belief and Disbelief
Patience and Impatience
Deserved and Undeserved
Good and Evil
Fidelity and Treachery
Life and Death

My Take:  I am always looking for a new devotional book that will help deepen my quiet time and help with my understanding of the Bible.  This devotional fits that bill.  Each day is started with a portion of scripture that has something to do with Jesus teaching.  Then the second half of the devotional is the authors thoughts on that portion of scripture.  I like the way the book is set up and the fact that the daily readings do not have specific dates attached to them so you don't have to fell like you are playing catch up if you miss a day or two and you can just start where you are.  This devotional takes the subjects listed above and address what Jesus has to say about each subject , taken straight from scripture.  
I have enjoyed my journey with Jesus so far this year and will more than likely be continuing this journey for many years to come.  

I received a review copy of this book through the BookSneeze program and was not required to write a positive review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.