Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Forsaking All Others by Allision Pittman

Forsaking All Others

Forsaking All Others by Allison Pittman

From Goodreads.com

Camilla Fox is alive. The last thing she remembers is being lost in the snow after leaving her home to escape the Mormon faith she no longer calls her own. She’s been taken in by the 5th Infantry Regiment of the US Army and given over to the personal care of Captain Charles Brandon. As she regains her strength, memories of her two children she had to leave behind come flooding back, threatening to break her heart. Camilla is determined to reunite with her daughters. But when news of her father’s grave illness reaches her, she knows she must return to the family farm to reconcile with her father. As spring arrives, Camilla returns to Salt Lake City a changed woman, but nothing could prepare her for the changes to the city, to the Mormon church, and to the family she left behind.

My Take:  This is the second in the series Sister Wives and I liked it almost as much as The first book

For Time and Eternity

For Time and Eternity   Link leads to Goodreads.com page

Camilla is found by the military in the snowstorm that we left her in at the end of the first book.  She forms a friendship with the forts commander a fellow Christian.  She feels like she needs to go back to Salt Lake to see what her options are.  I feel I would tell to much if I reveal much more but it is a heartwrenching decision and I admired her fortitude.  I was a bit disappointed in the ending.  I thought there was going to be more of a confrontation at the end and it kinda feel a little flat for me but I was mostly satisfied.  I found it kind of interesting that the way people who left the church back then were more more or less  treated very simiarly the same as the Mormon church treats plagiamists today. 

A great series and I am sad that it was only two books long. 

I received this book as part of Tyndale House's blog review program and received a copy for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.