Friday, December 10, 2010

The Twinning Murders by Shelly Frome




About Shelly Frome




Shelly Frome is a Professor Emeritus of dramatic arts at the University of Connecticut. A former professional actor and theater director, his writing credits include a number of national and international articles on acting and theater, profiles of artists and notable figures in the arts, books on theater and film and mystery novels.

His books include The Art and Craft of Screenwriting, Tinseltown Riff, Lilac Moon, The Actors Studio, Sun Dance for Andy Horn, Playwriting: A Complete Guide to Creating Theater and his most recent, The Twinning Murders.

About The Twinning Murders


The Twinning Murders is a modern day classic mystery centering on the ventures of Emily Ryder, a thirty-something rambler and tour guide.

The story opens just before she embarks on this year’s Twinning ritual exchange. It’s between her historic New England home and its sister village deep in Dartmoor, a wild upland area in the west of the county of Devon, England. Emily becomes personally involved in a suspicious death..

A few days later, at the Twinning itself, her main client meets the same fate. As Emily’s world continues to unravel, and though she has little help, she finds herself compelled to piece together the games being played on both sides of the Atlantic.


My Take:

I didn't receive this book until late last week and I have been ill so I haven't finished it.  What I have read I am not really sure about.  I felt the first few scenes in the book just kinda of threw the reader in the middle of something and I really was a little lost.  I thought the dialogue between the main character Emily and the guy she finds in the woods a bit weird.  I will write a better review once I have finished the book.  It seems to have the potential to be a good story.   
The Twinning Murders

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.