Friday, December 3, 2010

Audio Book of the Week Handel's Messiah by Calvin Stapert

Handel's Messiah: Comfort for God's People (Calvin Institute of Christian Worship Liturgical Studies) Handel's Messiah by Calvin Stapert

I had the opportunity to listen to this audio book thanks to Christianaudio.com .

When I was given the chance to listen to a book about Handel's Messiah I jumped at the chance.  I love listening to this wonderful piece of music during both the Christmas and Easter Seasons.
 
Through out the book pieces of the work are played and are truly enjoyable. 

The Rest of the book , for me , didn't quite hit the spot.  It was an interesting book filled with  the history behind the music and the reception when it was played.  For myself, I think that I would have enjoyed the book alot better if I had read it instead of listened to it.     I am not sure if it was the narrator or the subject matter.  I would go to this link to hear a sample and make your own decision but I would highly recommend the book whether in audio or print.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.