Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The White Horse King:The Life of Alfred the Great by Benjamin Merkle

I read this as a part of Thomas Nelson blogger review program.  I had never heard of Alfed but I have recently become interested in England and it's kings so I thought I would give it a try.  I found the sidebars that were put into the texts instead of using footnotes as very distracting and it did take away from my enjoyment of the book.  I would recommend this book however if you are interested in England and it's kings.
I have always been fascinated by the Vikings and I was interested to read about what Alfred did when attacked by the Vikings. I was interested in learning more about different customs they had and practiced.

I thought this was a very intesting book and I learned quite a bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.