Saturday, September 26, 2009

Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World by David Jeremiah





What do we as Christians do when the world seems to be falling apart?  When the world's economy is in the drink?  David Jeremiah answers these questions and more in this book.  He has come up with about ten things that we should do and address' them in a chapter apiece.  Each chapter is filled with Scripture and examples on how we should approach that chapters topic.
While reading this book I felt both comforted by the promises that David Jeremiah gives us from scripture and challenged to live my life in the way that the scripture says to live.  God and Jesus did not tell us in the Bible that we would have a trouble free life.  This is a fact that is brought up several times in the book but no matter what we are to follow Him. One way to accomplish this is to stay centered in Christ (one of the chapters is dedicated to this concept alone).
This book is a good source guide through the Bible to address any problems that you may find yourself in this troubled time of ours.  For each topic it points your back to the Bible and the answers that the Bible holds for you.
I really felt liked I learned alot from this book and came away with a better knowledge of  how the Bible address everything that we face today. 
I read this book as part of the Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger Program.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Thank you for your review of Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World! I work with Thomas Nelson, and I enjoyed reading your thoughts on Dr. Jeremiah’s book. Since you enjoyed Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World, I wanted to see if you would be interested in reviewing a completely revised and updated version of a Billy Graham prophecy classic – Storm Warning. Thomas Nelson just rereleased this book, and it has already hit the New York Times best-seller list.

    If you are interested, please contact me with your mailing address, and I will get the book out to you!

    Thanks!

    Jodi Hughes
    JHughes@thomasnelson.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.