Friday, August 26, 2022

Half Moon Lake by Steve Brock

Crease Williams lived a charmed life with a bright future. Only in his junior year at Texas Christian University, his skills as a wide receiver had already captured the attention of NFL scouts. Then a tragedy cost him his family and his desire to play football. Personally devastated, he left his old life behind and got as far from Ft. Worth, TX, and football as he could get. Keeping mostly to himself, he became a float-plane pilot in the far north of Minnesota. Flying fisherman and hunters into remote locations was how he spent his time. When a group he had flown to Roudy's Cabin goes missing, he faces accusations and more turmoil than he could have ever imagined. To make matters worse, his quiet existence is upturned by an element from his past bent on vengeance. A suspenseful mystery written with likable characters and a lighthearted flavor. My Take: This was a good book with relatable characters and a great mystery that keeps you on the edge of your seat and guessing till the very end. I would highly recommend this book as it has gotten me out of a reading slump and I enjoyed my time with Crease and Sheriff Maurice and Rebecca as they find oout what really happened at Roudy's Cabin. I received a review copy of this book from Pump Up Your Book tours and was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.