Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Myeem by Randy C. Dockens

The first book of an exciting trilogy where an astronaut, nicknamed Nuke, working on an interstellar gate, is accidently thrown so deep into the universe that there is no way for him to get home. He does, however, find life on a nearby planet, one in which the citizens look very different from him. Although tense at first, he finds these aliens think he is the forerunner to the return of their deity and has been charged with reuniting the clans living on six different planets. What is stranger to him still is that while everything seems so foreign from anything he has ever experienced, there is an element that also feels extremely familiar. Will each alien culture fully accept him as he is also an alien to them? Will these clans accept him as the prophet to their deity, Erabon? Can he himself even believe it? My take: I have started to really like sci-fi books in the last few years. I am really glad I read this one along with the other two books in this trilogy. I found the story of Nuke being stranded very compelling and I felt his apprehension and I felt the story was told very well. I highly recommend this book and will be reviewing the other two books a little later so stay tuned. I recieved a review copy of this book from Pump Up Your Book Tours and was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.