Friday, January 25, 2013

Guest Post by Monica Daddio

I have found that the world of an author has changed drastically over the past few years.  That it doesn’t make any difference whether you are a new or established author. The amount of time and effort put into promotion is the same. One needs to have a presence on the internet by doing Social Media on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, any sites that cater to readers and writers along with book signings and joining a writer’s group in your area is also helpful.
In addition to these outlets I am also taking advantage of YouTube which gives the viewer a more personal experience with the author. I’ve made several unique videos but my favorite is     www.humanizingthejaguar.com, I had a lot of fun doing this video where I incorporated my favorite holiday (Halloween) into the theme.  That’s right folks, Music, Halloween and a story all tie in together. “Humanizing the Jaguar” is dedicated to many of my favorite artists. It is a full-length fictional story about a boy who overcomes his troubled childhood and becomes a successful musician. And it’s also an Interactive book. You might ask what is that? I purposely put hidden music clues through out the text for the reader to find. In this video I dare Eddie Trunk, a well known music expert from “That Metal Show” to read my book and find these clues. I put my love for music and writing together to create my unique story.  Watch the video and for a few minutes you’ll be entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.