Saturday, June 18, 2011

Holy Guacamole by Dan And Denise Harmer


Holy Guacamole by Dan and Denise Harmer
Nestled along San Diego's coast, the former romantic getaway of the silver screen's most notorious lovers is now the sizzling hacienda of Bonnie Miller's culinary boot camp. "If you are what you eat, make it hot, spicy and irresistible," is her motto, and this queen of Southwestern cuisine enjoys quite a savory life; success, fame, and a reputation for the finest palate west of Barcelona. That is, until a pot-rattling bang causes Trace Domingo, a washed-up sports writer, to crash into her life. His arrival turns up the heat at the culinary boot camp as Bonnie discovers in life's recipe book, it is not the spices which add the most flavor, but how truly hungry you are.

My Take:  If you like to watch the Food Network (I must admit that I don't watch it often,  I really only watch it when I visit my parents), If you like thrillers (I love thrillers), If you like romance (I am a sucker for a good love story)then this maybe the book for you.  This is a fast paced book that may have you saying HUH at times but it is well worth the time by the end.  I would suggest this book if you are looking for a light summer read by the pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.