Thursday, October 29, 2009

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

This book was nothing like the movies you have seen.  I listened to it on audio which I am glad I did because I don't think I would have finished it if I were to read it.  It is very good at showing man's depravity.  I actually found myself feeling sorry for the monster.  He wanted nothing else but to be loved and because of his deformity could not find love. I thought it kinda careless of Frankenstein to just leave his monster and not worry about what would happen.  He just abandons him and then is surprised that the monster hates him.  I did find it a bit unbelivable that the monster learned to read the way it is described in the book especially when he is  reading the books he is reading.  This is anther book that is labeld a classic and I don't understand what all the fuss is about.  It was okay but not a classic to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.