From publisher's website:
Lady Fiona, wed in haste, has never known marital peace. When last she'd seen her cruel husband Will, he'd struck her - and she has no memory of what she did next - only that she woke later alone in her bedchamber. Will has gone missing, and Fiona fears that in her rage and terror she might somehow have killed him. When her husband's cousin Sir Richard comes to search for Will, Fiona is touched by his warm nature. A knight and warrior, Richard is drawn to Fiona's brave manner, quickly seeing in her an equal measure of inner courage.
About AuthorAmanda Scott is the author of over 50 romance novels and the recipient of the Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA Award. She lives in Folsom, California, outside of Sacramento. She is a fourth-generation Californian. Her website is: http://www.amandascottauthor/
My Take: The only exposure that I have had in the past to this time period in Scotland was from the book series Outlander. I have been listening to this series on audio so I had the Scottish terms and words read to me so I think that It was easier for me to read the book. That being said I did need to make sure that I had no distractions when I read this book so I could understand what was going on. The book is so worth the effort. There is a note from the author that has some of the terms defined so that helped.
Although Jaime will always be my Number #1 Scot, Richard Seyton the Laird of Kirkhill comes in a close Second. He is a hunky man without going to much over the top.
This book has a bit of a mystery attached, Fiona Jardine's husband (who we meet in the prologue and we immediately hate) has gone missing and everyone thinks that Fiona has something to do with it.
I really liked this book and would highly recommend it for a rainy day.
Amanda Scott has written many books. You can find out more about them at her website.
Five Fun Facts about the book
1. The title Tempted by a Warrior, as with that of its predecessor, Seduced by a Rogue, can be read two ways, because the warrior can be either the lady Fiona or the hero, Sir Richard Seyton, Baron Kirkhill. The reader can decide which one it is.
2. I wrote most of this book last summer and fall while sitting on the porch of a rustic lakeside cabin in the High Sierras (meaning no internet, no road, no phone or electricity, but loads of peace and relative quiet), aided by nosy (and noisy) Stellar jays, assorted chipmunks and squirrels, and the odd glass of wine offered by childhood friends and neighbors who thought I ought to relax and enjoy real life more.
3. My hard drive crashed while I was at the lake, and my tech-brilliant nephew, whose cabin is across the lake, suggested putting my laptop in the freezer for a few hours and then trying to access the hard drive to save the book (and other sundry files) onto a flash drive that he would provide. See wine reference in #2 above. Fortunately, freezing the computer worked and a nearby (relatively) computer fixit place froze it again and managed thereby to clone my entire hard drive onto a much larger replacement hard drive. Amazing!
4. The information for the head injuries in this book comes from both research and personal experience.
5. Willie Magee, the uh…assistant who has insisted on helping me write for the past year, instead of climbing up my leg to get to the keyboard as he did when he was small, now leaps from the floor to my shoulder, drapes himself over said shoulder, and purrs loudly while watching my every keystroke. If I stop typing, he promptly reaches out a paw to the keyboard, clearly offering to continue in my stead. He also likes to play with the keyboard whenever I take a break, which has resulted in some interesting narrative, to say the least.
This book is part of a blog tour and you can check out what other bloggers have to say:
http://www.bibliophile23.wordpress.com/ 7/5/2010 Review
http://www.maryinhb.blogspot.com/ 7/5/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://www.masoncanyon.blogspot.com/ 7/5/2010 Feature, Giveaway
http://amomentwithmystee.blogspot.com// 7/5/2010 Review, Giveaway, Q&A
http://www.mybookaddictionandmore.wordpress.com/ 7/5/2010 Feature, Review, Giveaway, Guest Post
http://justanothernewblog.blogspot.com/ 7/5/2010 Giveaway
http://www.amusingreviews.blogspot.com/ 7/6/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://ajourneyofbooks.halfzero.net/ 7/6/2010 Feature, Review, Giveaway
http://momofboyswithtoys.blogspot.com/ 7/8/2010 Feature, Review, Giveaway
http://tweezlereads.blogspot.com/ 7/8/2010 Feature, Review, Giveaway, Guest Post
http://www.mgpblog.com/ 7/10/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://www.rundpinne.com/ 7/10/2010 Review
http://mom2mycrazy2.blogspot.com/ 7/10/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://thedmlibrary.com/ 7/11/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://martasmeanderings.blogspot.com/ 7/11/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://www.justjenniferreading.blogspot.com/ 7/12/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://thethriftythings.blogspot.com/ 7/12/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://brokenteepee.blogspot.com/ 7/13/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://paranormalromanticsuspensereviews.blogspot.com/ 7/13/2010 Giveaway
http://marthasbookshelf.blogspot.com// 7/14/2010 Feature, Review, Giveaway, Guest Post
http://triciareads.blogspot.com/ 7/14/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://myfoolishwisdom.blogspot.com/ 7/14/2010 Review, Giveaway, Q&A
http://www.booksoulmates.com/ 7/14/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://inthehammockblog.blogspot.com/ 7/15/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://www.rexrobotreviews.com/ 7/15/2010 Review, Giveaway, Q&A
http://thisbookforfree.com/ 7/15/2010 Feature, Review, Giveaway
http://fallingofftheshelf.blogspot.com/ 7/15/2010 Feature, Giveaway
http://www.candidclevercosteffective.com/ 7/16/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://mommyreadstoomuch.blogspot.com/ 7/16/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://thefictionenthusiast.blogspot.com// 7/16/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://www.renees-reads.blogspot.com// 7/16/2010 Review, Giveaway
my-book-views.blogspot.com 7/16/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://booksandneedepoint.blogspot.com/ 7/16/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://dkay401-challenges.blogspot.com// 7/16/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://simplystacie.net/ 7/16/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://www.libslibrary.blogspot.com/ 7/16/2010 Giveaway
http://startingfresh-gaby317.blogspot.com// 7/16/2010 Review, Giveaway
http://www.tarmyblogspot.blogspot.com/ 7/16/2010 Review, Guest Post
Be Sure to check out the giveaway page at the top of the blog for this book. giveaway ends today!!