Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The I Hate to Cook Book by Peg Bracken turns 50

The I Hate to Cook Book: 50th Anniversary Edition

The I Hate to Cook Book by Peg Bracken Turns 50

Even though I really don't hate to cook, I have to be in the mood to cook and It has to be something that isn't too complicated.  This book seems to fit that bill.


It starts out by giving you recipes for everyday meals, 30 of them, that's enough for a whole month lol.  

Most of the recipes I will eventually try but there are some that my family just wouldn't even try.  Just like in any recipebook.  But the ones I will try far out way the ones I won't. 

some Recipes I will be trying  are:

Sweep Steak (beacause it swept the country)
Skid Row Stroganoff (my daughter doesn't like my beef stroganoff, maybe she'll like this one)
Chewy Fudge Cake Cookies ( my husband loves anything chocolate)


This book has a bit of a sense of humor.  There is even a a chapter with household hints.  I think that this would be a good book to someone just starting out on their own because the recipes are simple and don't take alot of time.

This book will be republished in hardback on July 26th.  

Thanks to Anna at Hatchett for the copy of the book I received for review.           

1 comment:

  1. I really need to get a copy of this book. I don't mind cooking but I like to get it done and over with. The easier the recipe, the better is my motto!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.