Friday, July 2, 2010

Fatal Encryption by Debra Purdy Kong

Fatal Encryption
Fatal Encryption by Debra Purdy Kong

From Goodreads: Dressed as Kermit the Frog on Halloween night, an unemployed Alex Bellamy wonders where his life went wrong. It could be worse. A few miles away, Zachary Ternoway is stabbed at his front door. In need of cash, Alex agrees to help catch a computer prankster at McKinleys' Department Store. But things turn serious when someone vows to permanently encrypt the store's data and torch the building unless ten million dollars is handed over in two weeks. Alex knows there's a connection between the murder and the extortion threat, yet time's running out. People are questioning his competency, and a killer's threatening his life.

My Take:  This was a pretty good mystery.  I always like to read about different ways that using computers can be used in mysteries.  Something that we all take for cranted nowadays can cause alot of problems if it is used in a negative way.  So much of our informationis online now and can be accessed by almost anyone.  Anyway it was interesting to see how the author wove everything together and kept you guessing.  The cover on my book was different than the one above and I think I liked my cover better. 
Great book to keep you company over a long weekend. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.