Wednesday, May 26, 2010

You Can't Stop Me by Max Allan Collins


You Can't Stop Me by Max Allan Colllins

From Goodreads:  Small-town sheriff J.C. Harrow made headlines when he apprehended a would-be presidential assassin - only to come home that night and find his wife and son brutally murdered. This tragic twist of fate launched his career as the host of reality TV's smash-hit, "Crime Seen"! But while media star Harrow tracks down dangerous criminals coast to coast - with the help of viewers' tips - a killer with a twisted agenda is making his own bloody path to fame. 

My Take: 
What do you do in this day and age when you are a cop and your family has been murdered the same day that you make national headlines for saving the president?  You make a reality program out of your search for your family's killer.   I got this book as a freebie on kindle and I really enjoyed it.  I thought the premise sounded interesting and I wasn't disappointed.  

The main character J. C. was a likable character and you really felt for him after losing his family.  He gathers all the best in each of their respective fields to help him find the killer.  I didn't really find myself connecting with any of the secondary characters but the story is pretty much driven by J. C. 

The team realizes that there have been many similar killings to J. C. family over many years and start to see a pattern.  They then start to close in on the killer.

There is a twist at the end of the book that I didn't see coming and it made me like this book even more.  

If you are looking for an enjoyable thriller you should pick up this book.    



1 comment:

  1. What an interesting storyline. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.