Here is my intro post
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am reading from Near Lancaster, PA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I am looking forward to all of them
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I really don't snack much
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I will be celebrating my birthday next week so this is my birthday present to myself. My name is Mindy.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I don't think I will doing anything different. I have liked the way things have gone the last couple of times I participated.
I will be updating on this post throughout the day instead of a new post every update.
Time to go read!!!
Start of hour 2
I only read for about 15 minutes last hour because of getting started late and I had some email I had to read. Hey but I was reading!!
This is the book I am reading
Boo Who by Rene Gutteridge
I really liked the first book in this series and so far this book is pretty good too. If you click on the title it will take you to the goodreads page. Well back to reading.
Start of hour 3
I read for about 30 minutes last hour because I got caught up reading facebook. There again at least I was reading in some way.
Still reading same book.
Back to reading!!
Start of Hour 4
Wow I am starting the fourth hour already. I really haven't gotten as much read as I would have liked. The last hour my hubby called so I needed to talk to him. He doesn't get whole read athon thing but he is willing to help. He said he may be bringing me home a surprise to eat. I hope he does.
Well back to reading but first off to visit some blogs.
Start of Hour 5
Had a good reading time this past hour. got about 40 minutes in. off to visit other blogs for a couple minutes. then back to reading.
Start of hour 6
Got another 40 minutes in. So far about 2 hours and 25 minutes. Back to reading. '
Start of Hour 7
Okay 45 minutes this time. So total is now 3 hours and 10 minutes. I think I may switch out books this hour. I will be reading
Accidentally Amish by Olivia Newport
Back to reading.
Start of Hour 8
Accidentally Amish is a good book so far. Not sure I will finish either one of these books but I will get a big dent in them.
So 30 minutes that hour so up to 3 hours and 40 minutes.
Back to reading.
Start of hour 9
had quite a few interruptions this hour so only read about 30 minutes so up to 4hours and 10 minutes. My book is getting really interesting.
Start of hour ten.
I closed my eyes for a bit this hour so only read for about 20 minutes bringing the total so far 4 hours and 30 minute. I am a bit disappointed in myself for not reading at least half of the time. Oh well i will continue on.
Start of hour 11
I read another 30 minutes so my total is 5 hours. I will probably finish the chapter I am reading in Accidentally Amish then go back to Boo Who. I plan to go visit some blogs.
Start of hour 12
I took about a 1/2 hour break because my hubby brought me chinese food. I am up about 5 and 30 minutes. Really getting into Boo Who. I will only be reading until 12 because I have to get some sleep before tomorrow. back to reading.
Start of hour 13
I am up to 6 hours. I may get Boo Who finished before 12. I am really enjoying myself.
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? I am fine, I took a power nap a few hours back, I will stopping at 12 because we have plans for tomorrow plus church
2) What have you finished reading? nothing yet
3) What is your favorite read so far? Boo who
4) What about your favorite snacks?The Chinese Food my hubby brought me
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! I have visited several blogs.
Start of hour 14
Another 45 min so up to 6 hours and 45 minutes. Some of the mysteries of
Boo Who are starting to be resolved. off for some more reading.
Start of hour 15
Just Finished Boo Who. a Good book. liked the way the mysteries were resolved. Interesting twist at the end. Will probably finish with this book.
Fully Alive by Ken Davis
Start of hour 16
I read for another 45 minutes so my total is 8 hours and 15 minutes. this will be the last update I do As I will go to bed listening to
The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon read by Davina Porter
I will try to write a wrap up post tomorrow some time. Good night every one and happy reading.
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I guess it would be the hour right before I went to bed.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?none
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
- How many books did you read?I finished one but read from4
- What were the names of the books you read? Boo who, Accidentally Amish, Fully Alive, The Fiery Cross
- Which book did you enjoy most? Boo Who
- Which did you enjoy least? Fully Alive
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to
participatein the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?I will probably participate but just as a reader.