Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving at the Inn by Tim Whitney Book Review

Thanksgiving at the Inn

Thanksgiving at the Inn by Tim Whitney

From Goodreads.com:

Tells the story of Heath Wellington III, a young boy whose life is changed when forced to take over his family's rural Massachusetts farm and bed and breakfast, alongside his father, Junior, after the death of the grandfather he barely remembers. With the help of the inn's quirky residents, Heath and Junior confront their strained relationship and Heath Senior's death.

My Take:  I enjoyed this book but there really wasn't much of a surprise here.  It was interesting how the author brought the different inn resident's stories to the front.  They all were definately not what they seemed at first.  But really I wasn't surprised when their stories were revealed.  I was expecting the turns in the realtionship of Junior and Heath.  That being said it was an easy read and enjoyable.  There was a bit of language and expecially from a professing Christian so I was a bit taken aback by that. 

If you are looking for a Thanksgiving story this would fill the bill.

I received a review copy from Netgalley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.