Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Doppleganger Chronicles: The Secret of the Indigo Moon by G.P. Taylor

The Secret of Indigo Moon (The Dopple Ganger Chronicles, #2)
The Doppleganger Chronicles: The Secret of the Indigo Moon by G.P.Taylor

From Goodreads.com:
From best-selling author G.P. Taylor comes the highly anticipated second installment of The Dopple Ganger Chronicles, a series that combines art and traditional text to help “reluctant readers” discover the wonder of books.
Erik Morissey Ganger, famed explorer and detective (well, in his dreams), and his mischief-making sidekicks, twins Sadie and Saskia Dopple, didn’t go looking for a secret tunnel beneath the school. They never intended to make the acquaintance of a shifty private eye with a nose for trouble. It wasn’t part of the plan to come face to face with an old enemy, one with an agenda of his own that could destroy them all. And unraveling the “secret of indigo moon” was the farthest thing from their minds.
 At Isambard Dunstan’s School for Wayward Children, these things just seem to happen.
In The Secret of Indigo Moon, confirmed troublemakers Erik, Sadie, and Saskia plunge headlong into a new and perilous mystery, one that challenges everything they thought they knew about their lives, themselves, and whom it’s safe to trust.


My Take:  I had never read a graphic novel before this one.  My daughter had read a few and when this one came up for review I thought I would give it a try. 
The story was engaging and I could see how reluctant reader's would find the type of format inviting.  I think that boys would especially find this series of books enjoyable but I think that girls would also find them intriguing.  Since I didn't read the first in the series I plan on getting it.  You don't need to read them in order to enjoy them. 
I will be passing this book on to my daughter to read. 

I received a review copy of this book from Tyndale for an honest review.

1 comment:

  1. My kids thoroughly enjoyed reading this series. I even enjoyed them. They're different but fun.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.