Thursday, December 11, 2014

Reason for absence from blog most of last month

I apologize for being absent from the blog most of last month.  I have been have some severe physical problems since the middle of September.  I developed a problem with my legs that I was falling and had sever pain in my legs and couldn't stand up from a sitting position.  I was admitted to the hospital on November 10 for testing. after three days of all kinds of tests and blood draws I was diagnosed with diabetic amyotrophy which affects 1% of diabetics mostly elderly men so for me to get it this young is extremely rare.   I was then admitted to a rehab hospital so I could have intensive occupational therapy and physical therapy.  I was there exactly 2 weeks. I was discharged the day before Thanksgiving.  I am currently walking with a walker and have a wheelchair for when I am out for longer periods of times.  I have to have Ivs ever two weeks.  I also go to physical therapy three times a week.  I still have lots of pain and weakness in my legs but I hope they will get better every day.  I hope to get caught up with my reviews over the next couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.